1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. readytolearn

readytolearn Newbie

2. naz07

naz07 Member

this truly a great write up piopat and a great help from you. i have been useing CS for a year now with very minor problems that are easy to fix.

But since last month i upgraded to few more channels and one will not clear in the dm800 and neither in the two shares that i have the channel boxnation any help or info on this piopat on why i wont clear.

3. piopat

piopat Active member

as you say you upgraded does that mean you have your own dm800 server ? , I don't have boxnation myself but as far as im aware you need oscam to clear this channel . you don't need oscam and cccam just oscam , if your addons panel only allows installation of oscam and cccam combined you can install that and then delete the cccam side .then transfer your f lines and server details to the oscam configs .

you also mention two shares , so I again hav eto assume you have a few c lines (or n lines ) and that boxnation doesn't clear on these .there can be two reasons for this , one being that they server doesn't supply this channel or two that he does but the cam he is using is not clearing it , either way you would need to speak to your line supplier about this . sorry if I didn't understand you properly .

4. naz07

naz07 Member

Sorry piopat i should of been clearer. i added some channels to the package i had the only channel not clearing is Boxnation thats on the server and the shares but try the orignal box all clears ok.

Dm800 running as a server cccam2.1.4/newCS1.67
    1 internal share cccam2.1.3
    2 external shares cccam2.1.3

5. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate well as I say to clear boxnation on your dm800 (with your own card ) you need to install oscam . if boxnation is not opening from lines that you are using , either the lines don't supply this channel or they do but the line supplier isn't using the right cam to open boxnation . if the person that gave you the line (or lines ) has boxnation and then uses the right cam then boxnation should open on your box .

6. naz07

naz07 Member

ok thanks mate any location i can get oscam from and a setup guide.

7. piopat

piopat Active member

well you should be able to install oscam from your addons menu (well depending on your image ) or a combination of oscam and cccam , as I say you don't need cccam really so you could install oscam and ccam and then delete the ccam side , its just deleting two files the bin file and the cccam.cfg file .

then you will have oscam installed and you should have the 3 main config files installed aswell , but you can easily download the oscam config files and pop them into your box using dream control center .

once you have don't that you can edit the configs , all tho you only need to edit one config to add c lines .

8. naz07

naz07 Member

I will look into it thanks piopat for pointing me in the right direction. ive tried through the addons my image isnt that great so a change of image or a manual install it will have to be.

9. piopat

piopat Active member

a manual install is easy enough with dream control center .

10. antomag

antomag Member

have a dm800 with a 16gb usb in it. The epg is stored on it. The recording path is set to internal hdd but i want to change this to the usb upperslot but it wont let me change from internal hdd. Any ideas how i set up my usb for recording

11. antomag

antomag Member

have a dm800 with a 16gb usb in it. The epg is stored on it. The recording path is set to internal hdd but i want to change this to the usb upperslot but it wont let me change from internal hdd. Any ideas how i set up my usb for recording

12. piopat

piopat Active member

what box and image have you got ? , obviously you have to change it to media/usb . how you do it may depend on the box and image you are using .

13. antomag

antomag Member

I have a dm800hd enigma 2

14. piopat

piopat Active member

you say a dm800 , but it can vary from box to box and image to image . first of all you need to create a mount point , for example media/hdd is a mount point . so you need to set that to media/usb .

you should have a device manager (that's where you set a mount point , now I don't have a dm800 I have a vu+ solo , but to get to device manager I press the blue button twice , that's on blackhole image . but as I say each box and image is a little different , but if you can find device manager open it and change it from media/hdd to media/usb then your half way there . then in the menu find recording path and set that the same media/usb and your done . but as I say how you do it will differ from box to box and image to image .

15. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

I've a DM500s and have been subscribing to a card share site for the past two years or so. Recently some of the channels have been going off for a few days then coming back on, the service provider says all is good on their side.
    A poster on another site said the issue is something to do with they way the data is sent by the server and the way in which the CCcam installed on the DM500s box receives it. They have said that by installing Oscam on the receiver the issue is resolved, I only have CCcam installed on my Commando 14.7 image but would like to see if Oscam does actaully reolve the issue. I've been searching for the past few days for info on how to install Oscam on my receiver but to be honest have not found anything usefull yet. Can anyone help with installing Oscam just on a reveiver box, I know I'll most likely have to change the image on the DM500s to do this but that doesn't bother me.

16. piopat

piopat Active member

well I would have thought that any problems with channels from a server not opening would solely be related to problems at the server end , for example the recent problems with rte 1 .these problems could really only be rectified at the servers end . there is I guess a chance that your version of cccam has some sort of a problem but then my thinking would be that if that was the case all pay channels would suffer not just a very small few .

installing a cam normally on a dm500 can be done easily enough from the addons panel or via a manual install using dream control center to pop a cam file into the tmp/ folder .but with commando its not quite the same you will need to get a cam (in this case you want oscam , I assume you will need a commando compatable version)and you will need to do a manual install using dcc but you will need to put the oscam cam file into this location var/bin/emu and change the name of the cam to oscam . however as I said above my personal thinking is that changing to oscam wont help you if indeed the problem is at the server end .

17. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

RTE 1 was one of the channles that I was having trouble with but some posters on where I get my C line from said they were able to resolve the problem by switching their receivers from CCcam to Oscam but none were using a DM500s.

I switched back to my original Nabilosat image from when I set up my DM500s (thanks to your guide a few years back) but the downloads no longer seem to work, is the Nabilosat server still on the go?
    I have also tried a Pli image but can't seem to find any download on this to get Oscam. Any chance of a link to an image that I can install Oscam from or a link to a compatable version of Oscam that I can install manually on the Nabilosat image? The only Oscam versions I seem to find are for DM800 and other HD boxes and mostly for server setups.

18. piopat

piopat Active member

you can download a good pli image for the dm500s from the first link in my signature area that's near the bottom of all my posts . there is a good addons panel on those images but I cant remember if they have oscam but most good images do . however as I say its my belief that oscam wont solve your problem , I know people that are not receiving rte 1 and this problem is server related in which case it cant be fixed at the client end .

19. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Thank's Piopat, I don't know much about how all this setup with cams and servers work but I would be surprised too if Oscam does actually clear the missing channels on the receiver end.

UPDATE: After a bit more searching I found an old Pli image called 'DM500 PLI with Oscam 6574 and CCcam 2.13 (11 May 2012 v2)' which has Oscam and CCCam already installed. Found a program that would convert my CCcam.cfg (including the c-lines) file into an oscam.server file so I replaced the downloaded oscam.server file with this one. I have removed the CCcam file from /var/bin and the CCcam.cfg file from /var/etc so I only have Oscam on the DM500s and it seems to be working OK.
    Next step is to try and update the oscam version I have installed.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  20. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

so can anyone confirm that the problem with rte1 can be solved by installing oscam on client end? can it be solved by running oscam at server end?i run a small server for family and friends on a vu+ duo BH 1.7.7 with cccam 2.3.0, when i switch server to rte1 ecm is approx 120-150ms and its fine for a few seconds, then it freezes and ecm drops to 50ms. pictures come in erraticaly after that and only for a few seconds at a time, can any one help me solve this problem?
    thanks in advance.