Overall, the company has seven main goals:
1. Ship Firefox 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the 2011 calendar year
2. Always respond to a user action within 50 ms
3. Never lose user data or state
4. Build Web Apps, Identity and Social into the Open Web Platform
5. Support new operating systems and hardware
6. Polish the user experience for common interaction tasks
7. Plan and architect for a future of a common platform on which the desktop and mobile products will be built and run Web Apps
Number 4 is particularly of note, as the company plans to open up support to Windows 64-bit, OSX 10.7, Android 3.0 and ARM CPUs, meaning Firefox should be headed to tablets and smartphones.
Firefox 4 just launched in Beta 11, with one more beta expected before a release candidate.
Written by: Andre Yoskowitz @ 8 Feb 2011 22:10