EA to skip Wii U with popular 'Madden' game this year

EA to skip Wii U with popular 'Madden' game this year
Long one of the world's most popular gaming franchises, EA will be skipping Nintendo's Wii U for its Madden games this year.

The company released Madden NFL 2013 for the console last year, but the new Madden NFL 25 will not be making an appearance.



Speaking to Nintendo World Report, an EA rep says "we will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future."

The news is certainly not good for Nintendo, who has struggle mightily to sell Wii U consoles.

Written by: Andre Yoskowitz @ 2 May 2013 23:41
Tags
Nintendo Nintendo Wii U Madden 25
Advertisement - News comments available below the ad
  • 7 comments
  • megadunderhead

    it's because EA wants to charge people for online play pay to play and nintendo still feels its unfair

    3.5.2013 04:03 #1

  • xboxdvl2

    Originally posted by megadunderhead: it's because EA wants to charge people for online play pay to play and nintendo still feels its unfair you are completely right^^^^.
    also should be noted nintendo wii u has recently hacked and ea wouldnt want people playing madden for free.

    i have the big screen tv,a ps3 and 5.1 channel surround sound.car still runs smooth and computer still works but its a bit outdated.

    3.5.2013 05:06 #2

  • KillerBug

    Ea would also have to port the engine to the wii u...and madden games are all about reusing the same engine with minor tweeks year after year.

    3.5.2013 08:11 #3

  • Mysttic

    Quote:Ea would also have to port the engine to the wii u...and madden games are all about reusing the same engine with minor tweeks year after year. Isn't that going to make them screwed for next gen Xbox and PS, lol.

    3.5.2013 09:09 #4

  • Menion

    and who cares? Does anybody have enough room in their home to hold the entire madden collection? The game you find in the $5 or less bargain bins. I just wish EA would skip releasing anymore games for that matter!

    Thank you big N for not messing with DRM

    3.5.2013 18:47 #5

  • Jemborg

    Originally posted by xboxdvl2: Originally posted by megadunderhead: it's because EA wants to charge people for online play pay to play and nintendo still feels its unfair you are completely right^^^^.
    also should be noted nintendo wii u has recently hacked and ea wouldnt want people playing madden for free.
    I'd considered that but really not that many people do it nowadays.

    Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


    3.5.2013 23:46 #6

  • xboxdvl2

    Originally posted by Menion: and who cares? Does anybody have enough room in their home to hold the entire madden collection? The game you find in the $5 or less bargain bins. I just wish EA would skip releasing anymore games for that matter!

    Thank you big N for not messing with DRM
    i find a lot of ea games going out cheap pre-owned the only problem is its $10 (or more) for a season pass to play online and a season pass doesnt come with pre owned games.

    i have the big screen tv,a ps3 and 5.1 channel surround sound.car still runs smooth and computer still works but its a bit outdated.

    4.5.2013 03:40 #7

© 2022 AfterDawn Oy

Hosted by
Powered by UpCloud