Is Samsung preparing a curved Galaxy Note 4 for IFA?

Is Samsung preparing a curved Galaxy Note 4 for IFA?
According to new reports, Samsung is preparing to unveil a curved glass Galaxy Note 4 at September's IFA trade show for consumer electronics.

Samsung has launched new Note devices at the last few IFA events, so it would not be too shocking if they revealed the next iteration this year.



Making this year notable is sources are claiming Samsung will ship two models, one with a standard display and one with a curved OLED for "niche markets."

Samsung released the Galaxy Round with a curved display for niche markets last year, and LG released the Flex. Neither were hot sellers.

Besides the display, the Note 4 is expected to once again feature high-end specs and a screen potentially larger than last year's 5.5-inch IPS.

Source:
9to5Google


Written by: Andre Yoskowitz @ 12 Jun 2014 13:31
Tags
Samsung smartphone ifa Galaxy Note 4
Advertisement - News comments available below the ad
  • 14 comments
  • ronhondo

    I'm not buying anything from Samsung again as I bought their first Galaxy Note and they created a Jelly Bean upgrade that has made the phone practically useless. I tried putting back Ice Cream Sandwich but the phone won't allow me to do it. This seems to be purposeful to me. Their answer to my problem was to shut off the phone and remove the battery for 30 seconds. Yes that works for about a day. They refuse to create a Kitcat upgrade that solves this problem. Goodbye Samsung !

    12.6.2014 13:53 #1

  • A5J4DX

    Should have just done it for the S5

    12.6.2014 17:53 #2

  • ronhondo

    Samsung is making Enemy's so they can promote they new operating system. Sorry Samsung ! F You !

    12.6.2014 17:56 #3

  • chinpark9

    Is it the perceived wisdom then that I ought not to buy a Galaxy Tab 3, something I was about to do in the next few days. And if I do not, what is there out there, of similar ilk, that will have available as many apps as Samsung?

    13.6.2014 11:25 #4

  • joebloe12

    LOL! The phone looks like it's been in the hot sun too long! I do not know who would want that?

    14.6.2014 04:55 #5

  • Mrguss

    Originally posted by joebloe12: LOL! The phone looks like it's been in the hot sun too long! I do not know who would want that? Only those, who like to putting in their rear pockets ...ready for pick pocketeers.

    Live Free or Die.
    The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
    Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

    14.6.2014 16:44 #6

  • Jemborg

    Originally posted by chinpark9: Is it the perceived wisdom then that I ought not to buy a Galaxy Tab 3, something I was about to do in the next few days. And if I do not, what is there out there, of similar ilk, that will have available as many apps as Samsung? I don't really know. I would have thought a Tab 3 would be ok. Just look into a few more reviews on the thing.

    Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


    DSE VZ300-
    Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

    14.6.2014 22:30 #7

  • DXR88

    I'm not sure what the thing is with bending the screen in, it distorts the image in most cases and reduces screen size in all cases.

    i could understand bending a very large display like ones used mass viewing, but something this small there are no benefits.

    Powered By

    14.6.2014 22:38 #8

  • Jemborg

    Originally posted by DXR88: I'm not sure what the thing is with bending the screen in, it distorts the image in most cases and reduces screen size in all cases.

    i could understand bending a very large display like ones used mass viewing, but something this small there are no benefits.
    Maybe it's meant to fit 'round your ass cheek. :)

    Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


    DSE VZ300-
    Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

    14.6.2014 22:57 #9

  • DXR88

    Originally posted by Jemborg: Originally posted by DXR88: I'm not sure what the thing is with bending the screen in, it distorts the image in most cases and reduces screen size in all cases.

    i could understand bending a very large display like ones used mass viewing, but something this small there are no benefits.
    Maybe it's meant to fit 'round your ass cheek. :)
    they've obviously never seen my ass cheek.

    besides if i'm packing electronic devices chances are I've got my cargo's on. you could hide a small dog in there and you'd never know until my pants start growling.

    Powered By

    14.6.2014 23:07 #10

  • Jemborg

    Originally posted by DXR88: Originally posted by Jemborg: Originally posted by DXR88: I'm not sure what the thing is with bending the screen in, it distorts the image in most cases and reduces screen size in all cases.

    i could understand bending a very large display like ones used mass viewing, but something this small there are no benefits.
    Maybe it's meant to fit 'round your ass cheek. :)
    they've obviously never seen my ass cheek.

    besides if i'm packing electronic devices chances are I've got my cargo's on. you could hide a small dog in there and you'd never know until my pants start growling.
    Heheh

    How's that go standing next to girls on the train? "Don't be alarmed... it's just the woofer in my trousers!"

    I love cargo's. I'd be naked without my pockets.



    -----------------------------------------------------------------------


    Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


    DSE VZ300-
    Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

    15.6.2014 00:07 #11

  • treyjazz

    It is possibly designed curved so it is harder for people to eavesdrop on what you are doing such as on a flight or a train where you need to sit next to strangers.

    16.6.2014 01:57 #12

  • DXR88

    Originally posted by treyjazz: It is possibly designed curved so it is harder for people to eavesdrop on what you are doing such as on a flight or a train where you need to sit next to strangers. A flatter screen would achieve that better, one of the benefits of bending the screen just happens to be increasing the view angle and reducing glare for bigger screens ofcoarse....much much bigger.

    Powered By

    16.6.2014 21:56 #13

  • mightyzog

    How do you put a case on a curved phone??

    18.6.2014 23:20 #14

© 2020 AfterDawn Oy

Hosted by
Powered by UpCloud