The new version was introduced at WWDC in June and shortly after, in early July, Apple released the public beta for early adopters. Now over two months of testing later macOS Sierra can be downloaded – first time ever – from the Mac App Store.
The most significant new feature of the free update is voice assistant Siri which can now be found on the desktop. If enabled it can be found as a separate icon in the taskbar. In addition to Siri, Sierra brings a new universal clipboard, Apple Pay for web, new emojis, as well as better optimization for storage and iCloud.
Supported devices include:
- MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
- Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
Written by: Matti Vähäkainu @ 20 Sep 2016 15:06