The release of the Messenger Desktop client comes as Facebook reports a 100% increase in people using their desktop browser for audio and video calling on Messenger. Now, users can break out of the messenger and use the native client instead.
It is available from the Windows Store for Microsoft Windows, and the Mac App Store for Apple Mac devices. Being only available from the Windows Store means only Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 will be compatible with the app.
Key Features of the Messenger Desktop client:
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don't need to know someone's email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you're looking for. But you're in control -- you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You'll never miss a call or message no matter what device you're using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
Download Messenger Desktop for Mac OS from the Mac App Store.
Written by: James Delahunty @ 2 Apr 2020 23:14