SanDisk SecureAccess software protects files against unauthorized access on SanDisk's entire retail USB portfolio using an encrypted, password protected folder on the drive. Additionally, up to 2GB of contents can be backed up online with the software.
SanDisk SecureAccess Software specs include...
- Password-protected "vault" automatically secures files with 128-bit AES encryption, protecting against unauthorized access in case the drive is lost or stolen.
- Secure partition lets consumers determine which files remain private when sharing a USB drive with colleagues or friends.
- Additional protection against computer crashes and data loss is optionally available for users with up to 2GB of secure online backup from Dmailer. Remotely access online data anytime, anywhere, and easily share large files over the cloud.
- Easy to use drag and drop functionality; the vault's capacity on the USB flash drive adjusts automatically as content is added or removed.
- Currently shipping on select SanDisk USB drives.
"Data security has become an absolute necessity, and SanDisk USB drives with SecureAccess software offer an easy to use vault protected by AES encryption." SanDisk has also expanded its USB product portfolio with two new drives, the SanDisk Ultra USB flash drive and SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drives.
The SanDisk Ultra USB Flash Drive features faster transfer speeds of up to 15MB/s. The drive is available in capacities ranging from 8GB to 32GB for a price range from $44.99 to $109.99. The SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB Flash Drive feature a compact slider design for easy portability. The drive is available in capacities ranging from 2GB to 16GB for prices ranging from $12.99 to $79.99.
Written by: James Delahunty @ 7 Jan 2011 22:32