Since 2006, AMD has fallen from a 26 percent share in the server chip market to just 5.2 percent. Rival Intel controls the other 94.8 percent.
The new chips, based on the "Interlagos" design, will sell for $125-$1019.
Patrick Patla, general manager of the server business notes (via Bloomberg)
We've got to get relevance back. We want to drive rapid expansion of our market share.
AMD's latest chips will "provide 55 percent more performance than Intel equivalents" at similar price points, says Patla.
Written by: Andre Yoskowitz @ 14 Nov 2011 13:04