The Android 11 update, bundled with OnePlus's own Oxcygen OS 11, started rolling out through OTA update in several countries today. Thhe update brings Android 11 to the first Nord series phone of OnePlus.
The update is a whopping 2910 megabytes in size and should appear through System menu in Settings, if the phone itself hasn't informed about the available update yet.
Updater package also includes Google's latest security patches to Android, released on 1st of February, 2021.
- Update to Android 11 version
- The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimized the stability of some third-party apps and improved experience
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject's outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Brand new shelf UI
- Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
- Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
- Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience
We have updated our Android 11 update tracker list accordingly.
Written by: Petteri Pyyny @ 1 Mar 2021 5:08